FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2 Available - regression in unionfs+cd9660

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 5 13:50:11 PST 2007

Ken Smith wrote:
> The 7.0-BETA2 builds have completed and are on many of the FreeBSD
> mirror sites.  If you want to update an existing machine using cvsup use
> RELENG_7 as the branch tag.  Instructions on using FreeBSD Update to
> perform a binary upgrade from FreeBSD 6.x to 7.0-BETA2 will be provided
> via the freebsd-stable list when available.

I'm reporting a regression between BETA1 and BETA2: I can no longer
mount unionfs over cd9660 file system.

The setup is like this:

/        - on cd9660, read-only
/tmp     - mdmfs
/tmp/etc - just a directory

"mount_unionfs /tmp/etc /etc" fails with the message "/etc: operation
not supported by the device".

This worked fine in BETA1 but fails in BETA2, built yesterday.

I don't see in cvs logs what could provoke this bug, my possible
candidates are vfs_mount.c by rodrigc and possibly maybe the big commit
by rwatson (trustedbsd).