7.0-BETA1 & 2 occasionally freezing, how to diagnose?

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Mon Nov 5 12:24:28 PST 2007

Hello,

I've been having frequent problems with BETA1 and now BETA2 "freezing".
     There is no diagnostic information, nothing in /var/log/messages,
nothing, just a hung interface.  I cannot ssh into the machine and it
appears the box ceases to communicate on SSH. A couple of times I've had
screen corruption on the laptop's LCD display.

Every time it hands I'm running Xorg 7.3, Thunderbird, Firefox, pidgin,
and a bunch of xterms.

Is there something I can do to diagnose this issue?

--
Regards,
Doug