RELENG_7 jerky mouse and skipping sound

David E. Thiel lx at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 5 10:26:08 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 09:15:39AM +0100, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> Does the problem persist for you? It's gone for me, even with moused.

The sound skipping went away a while ago, but desktop performance is
still lousy while compiling on a UP machine. Fiddling with X's rtprio
can more or less fix the problem, but it's a pain to do it manually each
time. If it were a scheduler issue, it would seem like the priority of
make isn't getting bumped down enough and its children aren't being
spawned with the appropriate lower priority - but it happens with both
schedulers for me, so I don't know what's going on.