freebsd-7.0b1 xorg-7.3_1 runs only once

J.R. Oldroyd fbsd at opal.com
Thu Nov 1 17:47:18 PDT 2007

Adding some additional information...

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:34:51 -0400, "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd at opal.com> wrote:

> xorg-7.3_1 runs fine, but just once.
>
> Subsequent attempts to start xorg result in:
> (EE) I810(0): V_BIOS address 0x0 out of range
> (EE) I810(0): VBE initialization failed.
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Noticed that running xorg the first time loads drm and i915.  I also see
that i915.ko and drm.ko are modules.  On unloading them, I see this:

drm0: detached
Warning: memory type drm leaked memory on destroy (4 allocations, 128 bytes leaked).

Reloading them and running xorg again doesn't fix the V_BIOS out of
range problem; xorg still doesn't start more than once.

Since my last posting I have recompiled the kernel and all the xorg
ports just to make sure I didn't mess something up the first time.  No
change.

I'd appreciate thoughts from someone who's into stuff like V_BIOS and
drm and i915 and xorg.

	-jr