Packet Loss w/bge & BCM5703 on Dell PE2650

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Wed May 30 17:49:21 UTC 2007

Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Vinny Abello wrote:
>  >         I've isolated a problem which appears to be a bug causing packet loss
>  > with FreeBSD 6.0 and later on the Dell PowerEdge 2650 servers and the
>  > integrated Broadcom BCM5703 NICs.
>
> Have you enabled polling on the interface?
>
> I experienced a similar problem on a HP Proliant DL360
> running 6.2-stable (RELENG_6 of a few weeks ago).
> The problem disappeared upon "ifconfig bge0 polling".
>
> Best regards
>    Oliver

It appears I do not have the DEVICE_POLLING option set when I compiled
my kernel on my one machine and on the second I am just using the
GENERIC kernel. I'll recompile with this option set and try again and
post my results to the list.

Thanks!

--

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)940-6100
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear"
-- Mark Twain