atapicam cd error from freebsd-stable Digest, Vol 207, Issue 6

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri May 25 11:39:57 UTC 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 07:21:24 Oliver Fromme wrote:

> First, I don't think atapicam is an "exotic" driver.
> I'm using it for several years (in fact, since it was an
> inofficial patch, before it hit the repository).  It's
> working perfectly fine for me, including with today's
> RELENG_6.
>
> Second, if you run a mission-critical mail cluster (or
> similar things) and update it along RELENG_6 without
> proper testing, then you deserve to be shot in the foot.

thank you for your consideration (or as serious or even as stupid)  but it was
ment to be kind of sarcastic input (don't shoot me, gotcha ... )
and keep smiling!
:)

anyway, beside of this confusing dmesg error I can write a cd with cdrecord
but my k3b still crashs with this pthread/libpthread advice and don't get it
right, I rebuild at night k3b with -R and finished fine but soon I put a cd
into the drive k3b still crashes, it also crashes when a cd is in when
starting it

seems that Andy and Robert can use k3b on amd64 on their systems

somebody has an idea what might be wrong here on my computer (beside the
latter consideration of course)?

--

João