atapicam cd error from freebsd-stable Digest, Vol 207, Issue 6

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri May 25 10:21:32 UTC 2007

JoaoBR wrote:
 > same as ipfw some weeks ago :S
 > lucky us that atapicam is an exotic driver and not so widely used and still
 > more lucky us that it is atapicam and not ahd or aac right? Sorry dear
 > clients our mail cluster is out of service and when it does not work in three
 > weeks or so please give me a new call ok ...

First, I don't think atapicam is an "exotic" driver.
I'm using it for several years (in fact, since it was an
inofficial patch, before it hit the repository).  It's
working perfectly fine for me, including with today's
RELENG_6.

Second, if you run a mission-critical mail cluster (or
similar things) and update it along RELENG_6 without
proper testing, then you deserve to be shot in the foot.

Best regards
   Oliver

"To this day, many C programmers believe that 'strong typing'
just means pounding extra hard on the keyboard."
        -- Peter van der Linden