Corrupt fonts-alias (Re: xorg 7.2 start problem)

Nicolas Rachinsky fbsd-stable-0 at ml.turing-complete.org
Thu May 24 22:45:54 UTC 2007

* Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> [2007-05-24 17:08 -0400]:
> >   Unfortunately portupgrade (nor portupgrade-devel) cannot yet handle
> >   the rigors of the xorg upgrade without a small bit of help:
> >
> >   # portupgrade -Rf libXft
> >
> > before you do the portupgrade -a?
>
> No, that is to avoid a dependency loop involving libXft and
> xorg-libraries because of a bug in how portupgrade orders
> dependencies.

Ah. I didn't really use portupgrade, I just used it to sort the
ports I wanted to update. And after seeing this (and the failures),
I rebuilt libXft and convinced ld-elf.so to use the library in
/usr/local in preference of the one in /usr/X11R6. The following
rebuild of the fonts worked fine.

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas