atapicam cd error

Robert Marella rmarella at gmail.com
Thu May 24 20:09:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 16:41:01 -0300
JoaoBR <joao at matik.com.br> wrote:

> On Thursday 24 May 2007 16:10:02 Robert Marella wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 May 2007 15:48:04 -0300
> > >
> > > Hi
> > > so you are suggesting a rollback? I compiled on may 21st and 23rd
> > > and as Joe Altman confirmed too it's not working anymore on
> > > amd64 ... on i386 it's ok, may be this is a good moment then to
> > > change my backup strategy and use usb mem chips and kick atapicam
> > > out of the kernel
> >
> > Well, now I'm scared! I usually update via build kernel/world on
> > Fridays but I missed a week or two. I was planing on doing it
> > tomorrow.
> >
> > I don't think I'll have a need for K3B so for test purposes I will
> > do it today and report back in an hour or so.
> >
> > Wish me luck.
> >

> my dear ... no luck in site at this moment, don't wast your time,
> patience is what you need now and a tail -f on cvs-src ;)

Please forgive an old man's failing memory. I have two systems running
6 stable. One is i386 and the other amd64. Back in April a patch was
made available for the K3B problem. It fixed both of the systems.

I updated the i386 on May 4th and the patch was no longer needed but I
never updated the amd64 so it is running K3B with the patch. I am in
the process of updating the amd64 and will test it without and with the
patch.

I have attached the patch in case you never saw it.

Robert