atapicam cd error from freebsd-stable Digest, Vol 207, Issue 6

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu May 24 19:18:12 UTC 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007 12:12:34 Joe Altman wrote:

> > __FBSDID("$FreeBSD: src/sys/dev/ata/atapi-cam.c,v 1.42.2.5
> > 2007/05/15
> > 16:19:42 thomas Exp $");
>
> I am, and I just wanted to acknowledge your message, unfortunately I
> won't be able to further look into it immediately, as I'm about to
> leave for vacation... I'm keeping it on my inbound list, feel free to
> ping me if I don't get back to you within 2 weeks.
>
> All the best,
> Thomas.
>
> I have no clue why someone would insert changes into source, find
> (assuming he saw the discussion in April, on this list) those changes
> problematic, change the source somewhat to remedy those problems, put
> further changes into the source either causing new problems or
> reintroducing the old one; and when told at least once that "Hey,
> there is a problem here; what can you tell me?" replies "Sorry, I'm on
> vacation."

same as ipfw some weeks ago :S
lucky us that atapicam is an exotic driver and not so widely used and still
more lucky us that it is atapicam and not ahd or aac right? Sorry dear
clients our mail cluster is out of service and when it does not work in three
weeks or so please give me a new call ok ...

--

João