xorg 7.2 start problem

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed May 23 19:26:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:06:46AM +0300, Iulian M wrote:

> <joke>
> Yep... you have to rebuild everything. Not to fix the error but just because
> you don't read other threads on the ML
> </joke>
>
> On another thread the conclusion was that installing x11-fonts/font-alias
> solved the fixed font problem.

Speaking of not reading other threads, you might also look closer to
home ;)

Adding font-alias would just be treating the next symptom, and then
you'll probably find that something else still doesn't work because it
is also missing.

As I've said a *number* of times already (and as is mentioned in the
UPDATING instructions), install the x11/xorg port to obtain a complete
installation.

Kris