no glxgears with xorg 7.2?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue May 22 14:29:56 UTC 2007

Iulian M wrote:
 > Pietro Cerutti wrote:
 > > Michael Rudolph wrote:
 > > >
 > > > running pkg_which(1) on "glxgears" on my not yet updated system, reveals
 > > > xorg-clients as the origin of glxgears(1).
 > > >
 > > > If I'm not mistaken, xorg-clients was renamed to xorg-apps during the
 > > > upgrade of xorg 6.9 to xorg 7.2.
 > >
 > > That's true, xorg-apps is a meta-package for a lot of small applications
 > > X11-related.
 > >
 > > ... but glxgears isn't included.
 > >
 > > Don't ask me why, I also was looking for it some time ago, but couldn't
 > > find it.
 >
 > I do believe glxgears has moved to graphics/mesa-demos

Correct.  That's what search engines are good for.  ;-)
The following URL locates "glxgears" in graphics/mesa-demos
and in x11/XFree86-4-clients:

http://www.secnetix.de/tools/porgle/?plst=1&q=glxgears

Best regards
   Oliver

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little,
we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
        -- Mother Teresa