RTC clock doesn't generate interrupts

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Mon May 21 06:55:47 UTC 2007

On 2007-May-20 21:38:09 +0200, Victor Balada Diaz <victor at bsdes.net> wrote:
>I tried the machdep.adjkerntz trick and didn't work very well.
>If i'm on 0 irqs per second after changing the value i get 1
>irq per second. If i'm on 20 i get 21, and so on.

The machdep.adjkerntz trick works by reading the status register -
which implicitly acknowledges the interrupt and allows further
interrupts to be generated.  I can't explain how this would effectivly
increase the interrupt frequency by 1Hz.  Is is possible your CMOS
battery is dead?

>Do you know of any other workaround/patch that i can try?

Setting the time/date will have the same effect.

--
Peter Jeremy