xfce4 broke after pkgdb -Ff

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at sun-fish.com
Fri May 18 07:52:51 UTC 2007

KAYVEN RIESE wrote:

> On Thu, 17 May 2007, John Nielsen wrote:

>>> this guy seems to disagree
>>>
>>> jnielsendotnet:Try what I asked in my first reply (deleting and
>>> reinstalling pango manually), and see if you can get any error messages
>>> from xfce.
>>>
>>> If portupgrade -f is failing portupgrade -fr isn't likely to succeed
>>> either.
>>
>> Portupgrade with the -r option is very useful, and you will probably
>> want to
>> use it. My point was that _before_ you try that you should figure out
>> why
>> portupgrade is failing to upgrade pango, and/or upgrade it manually.
>> Otherwise it will just keep failing.
>>
>> JN
>>

> i guess i can see how u guys r on the same page then.  he says -r won't
> help, u say  it's nice.  makes sense
I have the feeling that you didn't post the exact error message that you
get?
So with or without -r is only guessing.
It will be very useful  to know what failed - portupgrade ot just build
and the error messages of course.

And if you posted the error, but nobody can see it, this is because you
break the thread with subject
"NIC (Network Card) is not detected by FreeBSD 6.2 into PowerEdge Blade
1955 Server"
and I personally am little lost in your mails ;)

There are simple rules if you want everybody to understand you:
 new problem - new thread,
do not top post ;)
and of course the most important - explain you problem better - not just
"XX does not work, problem?".
Explain what you did and how the OS respond, what version you use and etc.

After you provide this information we'll gladly help you (if we can)  :)

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev
ICQ# 24134177