Creating one's own installer/mfsroot

Matthew X. Economou xenophon at irtnog.org
Tue May 8 18:10:59 UTC 2007

Could anyone recommend a good guide for developing one's own mfsroot
images suitable for recovery or scripted installation (not using
sysinstall)?  It appears that one could develop a simplified
network-based installation process based around fdisk, disklabel,
newfs, mount_ufs, fetch, and pax, perhaps tied together with the usual
scripting tools (maybe miniperl or sh/sed/awk).

(sysinstall requires too specific a configuration for my needs, which
are focused on en masse - and zero touch - workstation and server
deployment.)

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
"Rogues are very keen in their profession, and know already much more
than we can teach them respecting their several kinds of roguery."