FreeBSD DNS Resolver Issues?

Tom Samplonius tom at samplonius.org
Sun May 6 04:39:39 UTC 2007

----- "Mark Andrews" <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:
> It's a broken load balancer which is returning the
> 	parent's SOA record for AAAA queries for mail.wtplaw.com.
> 	Named correctly rejects this as a garbage response.
>
> 	It also appears to only responds to A/AAAA queries.
>
> 	As for Solaris' host it may/may not be making AAAA queries.
>
> 	Mark

  Does anyone know what load balancer product this is?  Since it is using DNS, I assume is one of these global slb things that tries to do clever things with DNS  (ie.  3 second TTL).  There do seem to be a lot of half-baked products out there that "appear to work", but don't really.  But in case, it is not clear whether they set it up properly, or whether it is just broken.

Tom