Can't make buildworld in 6-STABLE

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at sun-fish.com
Fri May 4 12:50:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

Neo [GC] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently i have a strange problem with 'make buildworld'. I use the
> amd64 6-STABLE branch with daily csup on src-all.
>
> When i do a 'make buildworld' in /usr/src, the make stops with the
> following error:
> ----------
> /usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getswapinfo.c: In function `kvm_getswapinfo_kvm':
> /usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getswapinfo.c:124: error: storage size of
> 'swinfo' isn't known
> /usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getswapinfo.c: In function `nlist_init':
> /usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getswapinfo.c:233: error: storage size of
> 'swinfo' isn't known
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/lib/libkvm.
> ----------
>
> When i do the same on a i386 machine wich is in config &c absolutely
> indetical to the amd64, buildworld runs perfectly through.
>
> make.conf:
> CPUTYPE=nocona
> CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe
> CC=/usr/bin/cc
> CXX=/usr/bin/g++
> NO_BLUETOOTH=          # do not build Bluetooth related stuff
> NO_GAMES=              # do not build games (games/ subdir)
> NO_INET6=              # do not build IPv6 related programs and libraries
> NO_I4B=                # do not build isdn4bsd package
> NO_LPR=                # do not build lpr and related programs
> NO_BIND=               # Do not build any part of BIND
> NO_DICT=               # do not build the Webster dictionary files
> NO_INFO=               # do not make or install info files
> NO_KERBEROS=           # do not build and install Kerberos 5 (KTH
> Heimdal)
> NO_PF=                 # do not build PF firewall package
> NO_PROFILE=            # Avoid compiling profiled libraries
> NO_SENDMAIL=           # do not build sendmail and related programs
> NO_SHAREDOCS=          # do not build the 4.4BSD legacy docs
May be I'm wrong, but can you try again, after removing CPUTYPE, CFLAGS,
CC and CCX from your make.conf file ?
It was said many times that setting CFLAGS is bad :) and CPUTYPE should
be CPUTYPE?= (so make can change it if needed)

Also I'm not sure that there is any optimization available in GCC for
amd64 architecture.

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev