What triggers "No Buffer Space Available"?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu May 3 15:47:55 UTC 2007

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
[ ... ]
> okay, next question ... under 'Active UNIX domain sockets, I see alot that have
> no Addr:
>
> Active UNIX domain sockets
> Address  Type   Recv-Q Send-Q    Inode     Conn     Refs  Nextref Addr
> d06b7480 stream      0      0        0 c969b240        0        0
> private/proxymap
> c969b240 stream      0      0        0 d06b7480        0        0
> ce6fc870 stream      0      0        0 cf744870        0        0
> private/rewrite
> cf744870 stream      0      0        0 ce6fc870        0        0
> ce4b2630 stream      0      0        0 d0cee900        0        0
> private/proxymap

The ones you're showing are from Postfix.  It would be interesting to sort
them by frequency and see what the majority of the use is from.

If you sort the data by the conn field, do the ones without an address all hit
the same thing?  If you grep for that in the first field, I found a lot that
are talking to /var/run/logpriv (ie, a socketpair() to syslogd, presumably).

--
-Chuck