clock too slow - big time offset with ntpdate

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 2 04:51:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 08:50:10PM +0200, Martin Dieringer wrote:
>  I get about half a second time offsets after 10 seconds, and more
>  than 100s after half an hour or so.
>  I think it has to do with powerd, if I kill that, the time stays correct.
>  It happens both on a Compaq nc4000 and an IBM ThinkPad T42p laptop.

I'm sorry this isn't more conclusive...

This almost sounds like an interrupt-related problem while in a
power-saving state.

I swear I just read a thread about this on -stable, pertaining to how
certain power states disable features of interrupt controllers...  I
can't seem to find the discussion though, argh!