mysql frequently crash on 6.2

Olivier Mueller om-lists-bsd at omx.ch
Tue May 1 20:44:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 16:26 +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 10:12 -0400, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> > I've had problems with 6.2 and mysql on a large server as well. High CPU
> > usage and crashes. I switched the threading library to libthr and the
> > problems went away.
> If you don't know how to switch what threading library is used,
> libmap.conf(5) should explain it, or here is what we use: [...]

Thanks for the input!  Do you have to recompile the mysql server after
the change, or just to restart it to validate the change?

And does anyone know if it will help in case of such errors  (FreeBSD)
6.0 and 6.1, latest 5.x mysqld) :

070426  0:11:30 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file
for table './pia/pia_ads.MYI'; try to repair it

[root at pidb1 /var/db/mysql/pia]# ls -la pia_ads.*
-rw-rw----  1 mysql  mysql  216427164 Apr 25 23:59 pia_ads.MYD
-rw-rw----  1 mysql  mysql  561668096 Apr 26 00:15 pia_ads.MYI
-rw-rw----  1 mysql  mysql      40200 Feb 25 23:38 pia_ads.frm

The table is not that big, but there are 48 (!) indexes. And the problem
only occurs on high load, after a few minutes/hours, it's hard to
reproduce "on request" (I wish I could, to submit a bugreport to the
mysql devs).

Regards,
Olivier