Python 2.5 (and mod_python)

Daniel Mouritsen daniel.mouritsen at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:41:46 UTC 2007

Hi :)

First off, I am still new to the ports package management system, so be
gentle if the following text contains dumb questions yeah?

Okies, here goes. I installed python 2.5 from the lang/python25 port. And
then installed mod_python from www/mod_python3

during install mod_python bullied python 2.4.4 onto my system, and complied
against it. After this the default python binary on my system was 2.4.4 ,
and reinstalling 2.5 didn't help this. First off, how can i change this
back? (im guessing that just copying the python2.5 binary is not a good
idea, is there a command for choosing the default python interpreter)

secondly, how come the mod_python installation didnt choose to use 2.5? i
looked in the makefile, and it uses a variable called PYTHON_CMD , shudn't
python 2.5 have set this variable?