freebsd-update problem (on 6.2)

Don O'Neil lists at lizardhill.com
Wed Mar 28 20:00:33 UTC 2007

Colin,
   Can I use freebsd-update to update from 6.1-STABLE-200608 to the latest
version? When I try to run the program it says its not compatible... Is
there a way to force it to update anyway, and is there any reason I would
NOT want to force it?

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get my machine updated, which
was installed from a snapshot ISO, without having to do a buildworld.

Thanks!
Don