Dell SAS5 Performance Issue

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Mar 27 20:53:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Richard Tector wrote:
>> Is there any information I could obtain that would be of use to you in
>> tracking this one down?
>
> You could maybe contact the driver's author(s) directly and ask them.
> See the AUTHORS section of the man page for details.

you should have done your homework before saying this and you might
have noticed something;-)

To just add a "me too"; same kind of machine.

I have been in contact with people the last three days mostly
gathering information for them. And yes, the integrated curses based
controller utility you can start during boot does not seem to have
options to adjust "caching behavior". At least I had not seen and
option for that either.

Unfortunately this machine will be shipped of the day after tomorrow
so I won't be able to test anything new. I'll follow this thread and
in case I can help with anything - let me know.

/bz