another error with md malloc based fs

M.Hirsch webmaster at hirsch.it
Fri Mar 23 07:55:37 UTC 2007

Michael Schuh schrieb:
> hi Chuck,
> hi @list
>
> me again, behind the scenes,
> i would take over my Server by an hoster from
> Linux to FreeBSD on the running system,
> while the hoster takes money for pressing 2 buttons and
> put a disk in my Server.......so
> i create now a mfs based system that can bootet from disk and resides
> fully in ram. I have tryed out Colin's depenguinator,
> but it fails...some times
> now i would do the steps by hand....
>
> thanks
>
> cheers
>
> michael

Hi Michael!

Some months ago I modified the depenguinator and made it work again. But
sorry, I didn't yet get to write down all the steps involved (I am not a
good writer). But I recently found another much more comfortable way
using QEMU which I documented.
Does your provider offer a linux rescue system? If yes, you can try
this: http://www.vrdevelopers.de/content/view/45/40/1/5/lang,en/

I'll try to follow up with the modified depenguinator asap, but don't
hold your breath...

HTH,
Manuel