time goes slow in VmWare

Frank Behrens frank at pinky.sax.de
Mon Mar 19 16:39:51 UTC 2007

Sergey Matveychuk <sem at freebsd.org> wrote on 19 Mar 2007 17:15:
> I have a problem with FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE in VmWare Server on Windows
> 2003 host.

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I observed the same problem on a GSX 3.2.1 on Linux.

> Time is a hour slow for a day.
>
> I have hint.apic.0.disabled=1 in loader.conf
> I've tried all possible values in kern.timecounter.hardware.

The same for me, nothing helped. Also
kern.clockrate: { hz = 100, tick = 10000, profhz = 66, stathz = 13 }
did not solve the problem.

> ntpd does not help. I think because it's too rude time for NTP.

Yes, the difference is too big, even for a home brewed synchronization routine.

Regards,
   Frank
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.