Reverting to 6.2-RELEASE

Wojciech A. Koszek wkoszek at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 19 14:15:58 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 01:33:44PM -0000, Steven Hartland wrote:
> I think this is a very good idea, I've been caught at least once
> not being able to recreate a working kernel due to the loss of
> the original config file.
>
>    Steve

I did some work in this area, as several system administrators I've met
also seem to have problem with kernel configuration recovery. In my case
I came with a method of obtaining a configuration of a running kernel
via sysctl (kern.conftxt for now) and via config(8) form the kernel file.

Hopefully this work will get more review soon.

Thanks,

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
wkoszek at FreeBSD.org