Reverting to 6.2-RELEASE

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Mar 19 12:22:56 UTC 2007

> I think you will want RELENG_6_2_0_RELEASE.

thanks (and to the others who responded)

> What happens with RELENG_6_2, IIRC there was only very limited changes
> to kernel which should only affect IPv6...

Indeed! Part of the reason I want to do the revert is to make absolutely
sure that it runs the GENERIC kernel from RELEASE properly. The kernel
I have running on it is a binary from elsewherre which was built from the 6.2
RELEASE code, but I no longer have the options it was built with (though
I can tell it does not contain IPv6). Hence I want to make sure that the
problem is with the change to IPv6 and not the existence of IPv6 in
general on that machine.

Will report back if it turns out to be a problem with RELENG_6_2

cheers,

-pete.