open source graphics card

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Mar 16 11:23:25 UTC 2007

Oleg Gritsak wrote:
 > I'm 99% sure, that open source principle is suitable only for software dev.
 > And OS car is a crappiest idea of all. Production (and research) requires
 > very expensive equipment. Fullstop. Nothing else can be said here, I think.

Well, there are several open-source processors,
most notable the "OpenSPARC" from Sun which is an
open-source UltraSPARC T1 multicore CPU.

For more examples, see this page:
http://www.opencores.org/

Wikipedia has a whole lot of open-source hardware
listed:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_hardware

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  Please move this discussion to the -chat list.

(On the statement print "42 monkeys" + "1 snake":)  By the way,
both perl and Python get this wrong.  Perl gives 43 and Python
gives "42 monkeys1 snake", when the answer is clearly "41 monkeys
and 1 fat snake".        -- Jim Fulton