Clamav-90_2 Lockup with freebsd 6.2

Kevin Way kevin at insidesystems.net
Thu Mar 15 17:52:44 UTC 2007

>> [snip patch]
>>
>> Does this patch make the libmap.conf hack unneeded?
>>

> I frist thought so, but no, the more threads are running concurrently
> the slower libpthreads behaves, as it gets more lock contention. Until
> this is addressed somehow, use libthr.so

FWIW, we have several machines running with the libmap.conf hack.
clamav no longer locks up, but has instead taken to occasionally dying
altogether.

It's an easier to detect and manage situation, but if you're counting on
clamav's presence, I strongly recommend the use of an external watchdog
process.

Best Regards,
Kevin Way
Inside Systems, Inc.