6.1 to 6.2

Alban Hertroys dalroi at solfertje.student.utwente.nl
Tue Mar 13 08:07:51 UTC 2007

On Mar 13, 2007, at 4:58, Matthew Herzog wrote:

> Hello.
> The 6.1 install is intact on disk0 and still works fine. I copied my
> ipfilter and ipnat config files to the new system after building an
> ipf/ipnat enabled kernel on the 6.2 install but the machine is not
> acting
> as a gateway. In fact, I can't even ssh into it from inside or outside

Does issuing ipf -F a -f /etc/ipf.rules help?

It solved a similar looking problem for me on my amd64 home gateway.
I could still log into the server from my LAN, but not all of my
rules were active somehow. Reloading the rule-set from a shell (after
each reboot) helped.

If it does, I guess there's an rc-order problem somewhere?
As a temporary workaround (haven't tried yet) you could add that line
to rc.local.

Note: My server runs a 6-STABLE from shortly after 6.2-RELEASE.
--
Alban Hertroys

				"If you throw your hands up in the air,
				how're you gonna catch them?"