Problem with portupgrade

John Walthall vistua at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Mar 13 00:06:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:06:23 -0500
Jonathan Carter <jonathan.carter at sitel.com> wrote:

> Not sure if the issue was resolved but, I did find this link that
> worked for me.
> http://www.512kbps.com/2007/03/02/ports-portupgrade-af-failing%E2%80%A6/
> <http://www.512kbps.com/2007/03/02/ports-portupgrade-af-failing%E2%80%A6/>

I also resolved the problem: Here's what I did,

csup -h a-local-mirror.freebsd.org /etc/ports.supfile
rm -rf /usr/ports/INDEX-6.DB
rm -rf /usr/ports/INDEX-6
portsdb -F
pkgdb -F
portsdb -u

I am aware that some steps are redundant, but it did fix the problem, I
had to clear out a lot of stale dependencies with pkgdb, and had
to deinstall Linux ABI (partially manually) and reinstall, as well as
it's dependant packages, however, this resolved everything.

The steps outlined above proved ineffective for me.

--thanks, hope this helps other people.