fibre channel cards

Matthew Jacob lydianconcepts at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 08:03:21 UTC 2007

Generally speaking, the LSI-Logic cards are faster, at least for 2Gb,
in terms of IOPS.

However, the LSI-Logic firmware is less capable of coping with
complicated topologies and the mpt(4) driver is less mature than
isp(4).

Another thing to keep in mind is that for new cards (as opposed to
'EBay' cards) that LSI is half the port cost of QLogic.