any success with new sun "M2" product variant for X4100 and X2100

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Mar 8 22:03:19 UTC 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Jens Fallesen wrote:

> One issue I have is that the embedded management software can run
> on NIC 1 only. And once FreeBSD detects this, the embedded
> management software is disabled. Does anyone know of a way to make
> FreeBSD detect NIC 0 only?

what about something similar to this, how I disable atkbd on my sun
boxes:

hint.atkbdc.0.disabled=1

perhaps

hint.bge.1.disabled=1

might work.

you can test by breaking into the boot loader and typing "set
hint..." then continue the normal boot.  if it works, just plop that
line (without set) into /boot/loader.conf.