any success with new sun "M2" product variant for X4100 and X2100

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Mar 8 21:35:50 UTC 2007

Has anyone successfully booted FreeBSD 6 on the new "M2" variants of
sun's X2100 or X4100 boxes? I have three X4100 original versions that
works stunningly well (but I don't use the internal disks) with
FreeBSD 6.1.  I was just curious how the new ones work, and the X2100
seems to fit the bill for what I currently need.

Also, if anyone knows which ethernet ports they put in that'd be
helpful.  I'd avoid them if they had broadcom chips :-(