LOR #193

Andrea Venturoli ml.diespammer at netfence.it
Tue Mar 6 22:19:14 UTC 2007

Hello.

I'm experiencing the above mentioned LOR on a 6.2p1/amd64 box (running
gmirror and SMP if that matters).

With reference to your question on
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-November/031048.html:

> What application you run that triggers the LOR ?

Bacula, I guess.
I'm taking filesystem snapshots, running the backup job and deleting the
snapshots.
In fact I've always seen some problems with some files in the snapshots
not being accessible to bacula-fd.

In a previous (quite old) thread it was in fact suggested I might be
seeing some LOR, but only recently I activated all the debugging stuff.

What's the risk of running the suggested patch on a (quite critical)
production server?

BTW: Sometimes, upon reboot, delayed fscks start and say that the
filesystem cannot be fixed with -p and I should run a full fsck. If I
reboot in single user mode and run a full fsck, it will find no errors.

Also, I have a couple of other boxes on which I run bacula this way and
I never experienced this problem: they are respectively i386/gmirror/UP
and amd64/hardware RAID/SMP; so, might the combination of amd64/gmirror
or gmirror/SMP be in the way?

  bye & Thanks
	av.