Problems installing JDK 1.5

Bill Smith bill at rakupottery.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 17:52:57 UTC 2007

Sam Baskinger wrote:
> Juergen Nickelsen wrote:
>> On Feb 27 2007, Chris Timmons wrote:
>>
>>> Don't forget that the linux JDK will want you to have linprocfs
>>> mounted. I recently had a similar build experience of jdk-1.5.0p4
>>> which cleared up fine after I remembered about linprocfs.
>>>
>>> linprocfs   /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs   rw   0  0
>>
>> Hm. I cannot imagine how this could lead to the problems I saw, but
>> another thing to try. Thanks!
>
> Linux systems store tons of need-to-know data in the /proc file system.
> If you've ever installed a chrooted Linux environment you must 'mount -o
> bind' the /proc file system from the running system to the chroot for
> many OS functions to work correctly.
>
> I suspect that Java was looking for some process information in
> linprocfs and since it wasn't mounted, it blew up. :) Hope this clears
> up the "why" question. :)

I have been having problems with this as well, I have the linprocfs
mounted, but the buil is
  dying with the following error:

../../../src/share/classes/sun/net/www/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java:1186
             : warning: non-varargs call of varargs method with inexact
argument type for las             t parameter;
cast to java.lang.Object for a varargs call
cast to java.lang.Object[] for a non-varargs call and to suppress this
warning
                             return (IOException)ctr.newInstance(args);
                                                                 ^
../../../src/share/classes/com/sun/jmx/mbeanserver/StandardMetaDataImpl.java:637
             : warning: non-varargs call of varargs method with inexact
argument type for las             t parameter;
cast to java.lang.Object for a varargs call
cast to java.lang.Object[] for a non-varargs call and to suppress this
warning
             result = meth.invoke(instance,null);
                                           ^
../../../src/share/classes/com/sun/jmx/mbeanserver/MBeanInstantiatorImpl.java:16
             2: warning: non-varargs call of varargs method with inexact
argument type for la             st parameter;
cast to java.lang.Object for a varargs call
cast to java.lang.Object[] for a non-varargs call and to suppress this
warning
             moi= cons.newInstance(null);
                                   ^
Note: * uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
21 errors
12 warnings
gmake[3]: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/java'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make'
gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.

any offers?