ARP problem with 6.2-STABLE Intel PRO/1000 NIC, latest em

Mark Costlow cheeks at swcp.com
Tue Mar 6 15:48:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:24:46AM +0000, Chris Rees wrote:

> If your NIC is knackered, where are you from? I can post you one I'm
> not using, instead of you buying one. It's a Realtek PCI 8139 10/100
> Mb/s. Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you very much for the offer!  However, I have tried another NIC
in the machine (a Realtek USB adaptor) and it worked normally.  At
that point I would suspect the hardware except that when this machine
had linux loaded on it, it worked normally.   The box is in a 1U
case with no spare PCI slots, so I need the motherboard NIC to work
for it to be useful long-term.

Thanks,

Mark
--
Mark Costlow    | Southwest Cyberport | Fax:   +1-505-232-7975
cheeks at swcp.com | Web:   www.swcp.com | Voice: +1-505-232-7992

abq-strange.com -- Interesting photos taken in Albuquerque, NM
                   Last post: Art Is OK...And Dangerous - 2007-03-02 10:27:17