ARP problem with 6.2-STABLE Intel PRO/1000 NIC, latest em driver

Mark Costlow cheeks at swcp.com
Mon Mar 5 17:17:53 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 11:37:01PM -0800, Jack Vogel wrote:

> These are one of our latest NICs, I have had no trouble with these
> but I'm used to using them on an Intel design, not SuperMicro.
>
> First question, do you get the same behavior on both ports?
> My first guess is that this is a BIOS/management problem.
>
> Double check SM website and see if there's any support updates
> to firmware for the system.

I left out a couple of things.  Yes, it does the same thing on both
em0 and em1.  And, the inhouse linux advocate loaded debian on the
box and that worked as expected.

I'll check SM's web site for BIOS updates today.

Mark
--
Mark Costlow    | Southwest Cyberport | Fax:   +1-505-232-7975
cheeks at swcp.com | Web:   www.swcp.com | Voice: +1-505-232-7992

abq-strange.com -- Interesting photos taken in Albuquerque, NM
                   Last post: Art Is OK...And Dangerous - 2007-03-02 10:27:17