miniBSD vs 6.2-STABLE

Morgan Reed morgan.s.reed at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:36:28 UTC 2007

I now have my target PXE booting from my FreeBSD host (chalk one up to
not writing config files at ungodly hours of the night, thanks to
Danny for spotting the error.)

The boot is proceeding to the boot menu but after this the kernel freezes;
With acpi.ko in the image the acpi module loads, the next spinner
appears and the system freezes.
Without acpi.ko I get the message "ACPI autoload failed - no such file
or directory", the next spinner appears and the system freezes.

My kernel is a stripped GENERIC, essentially minus a bunch of network
drivers (the driver for the adapter in the machine is still there ;o)
), and all the SCSI controllers.

Morgan