atapicam and cd-rw problem, no cd0 but acd0 some error

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Thu Jun 14 20:43:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 02:36:39PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:

> The atapicam problems were extensively discussed on this list last
> month.

I know; I griped rather a lot about the whole thing.

I think the maintainer is back from vacation now, if anyone feels a
need to drop him a line and ask him what is up with his investigation
of the issue, which has existed since approximately mid-April, IIRC.

>  Other than the one person on this thread whose problem was
> traced to not having the right drivers in the kernel,

I missed that part of the discussion.

> most problems are simply design limitations of the current system.

This part I think I understood.

> The design problems are being remedied.
>
> No, I do not need people to volunteer to test the code.  When I do, it
> will not be a secret.

Yes, and thank you.

--
Your own/personal/beavis/someone to hear your prayer/
someone to care.