FreeBSD Intel i852GM/i855GM DRI problem

Andrei Kolu antik at bsd.ee
Thu Jun 14 19:23:04 UTC 2007

Wednesday 13 June 2007 03:37:12 kirjutas John Walthall:
> On Tuesday 12 June 2007 5:15:50 pm Lisa Besko wrote:
> # Andrei Kolu wrote:
> # > Hello guys!
> # >
> # > I have strange problem enabling DRI on Intel 855GM graphics card.
> Kernel
>
> # I justrebuild world and I'm running FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #4 now.  I was
> # having problems similar to yours with the i810, agpgart, and Xorg 7.2
> # until I cvsuped down the latest source and rebuilt world.
>
> I am having a different problem with DRI, and with an S3 savage card, My
> system does not crash, and DRI enables properly... but when shutting X
> down, the console goes completely blank and new output refues to appear; my
> monitor complains that "Frequencies are out of range". issuing the command
> vidcontrol MODE_279 causes gibberish to appear on the current VT, but the
> other VT's are back to normal; issuing vidcontrol MODE_27 on the first VT
> clears the gibberish.
>
> I will try rebuilding world, and report if it works.
>
> --John
Installed FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Jun  7 00:31:45 EEST 2007 with xorg-7.2
and dri-6.5.3_1,2

Direct rendering works now but can't use Beryl- it said some feature is not
supported by graphics card....

(II) I810(0): [drm] installed DRM signal handler
(II) I810(0): [DRI] installation complete
(II) I810(0): direct rendering: Enabled