Unix domain socket leak in 6-STABLE

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 13 18:22:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 08:15:56PM +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> I wonder though: maxfilesperproc is roughly 12k, but lsof needs to only
> count 2.5k lines of slapd output when the limit is hit. Is there
> a better way to check, how much fds/resources are open by a certain process?

sockstat is what you're looking for.

Also, do not forget about limits(1).

If the sockets aren't being closed (in any condition; after completion
or after error), there's going to be a leak until the daemon is
restarted.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is what's happening, based
on previous experience I've had with slapd during my day job.  :-)