libtiff, spandsp

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Jun 11 11:46:33 UTC 2007

olivier.taylor <olivier.taylor at gmail.com> wrote:
 > after having install libtiff, I am trying to install spandsp and get the
 > following error :
 >
 > configure: error: "Can't build without libtiff (does your system require
 > a libtiff-devel package?)"

Look for that error message in the configure.log file and
check what command exactly failed (whether it's missing a
library or include file, or a certain symbol within an
existing library, or whatever).

Unfortunately, gnu configure sucks pretty much and is not
very good at helping to debug failures.  Building programs
would often be easier without gnu configure.  :-(

Best regards
   Oliver

"If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when was the
last time you needed one?"
        -- Tom Cargil, C++ Journal