upgrade 6.2 to xorg 7.2

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Jun 8 22:09:31 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 04:20:29PM -0400, Stephen Clark wrote:
> So I should wait a about week after I do a cvsup of ports - then
> hopefully most of the packages will be there - right?

Yes, but you'll have to check.  Some ports (not the X11 ones) can't be
packaged due to licensing restrictions.  You can get a good idea of the
state of the current build errors for packages from pointyhat on
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-latest/; to find out the
package state of any port, use portsmon at (e.g.)
http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=x11&portname=xorg .

Both the pointyhat index pages and the portsmon summaries contain a great
deal of information, but you have to do a little bit of research.

mcl