bind exploit, patch expected?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 26 16:15:51 UTC 2007

Stephen Clark wrote:

> Interesting - I just checked the FreeBSD.org security page and don't see
> any indication of a patch to fix the vulnerability for 6.1.

While I can't speak for the secteam I do know that they are working on
the usual round of advisories, patches, updates to security branches,
etc.

Meanwhile, my personal best advice for you is to upgrade to 6-stable
rather than worry about patching 6.1. If you're not interested in
that, then as I've said about half a dozen times now, you can use the
ports, and you can even choose the option to replace the base BIND if
that makes it easier for you.

Finally you could of course derive the patch yourself by simply
downloading the two tarballs and diffing them. When you have a diff,
remove everything in the w32 and test directories and you're all set.

hope this helps,

Doug