ntpd on a NAT gateway seems to do nothing

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Jul 23 19:22:23 UTC 2007

> It's deja-vu all over again.
>
> I found my works NTP service was broken on Friday, just after I started my
> holiday.

Interesting to hear from someone also using NAt with a very similar
problem. Thanks, I am running -STABLE rather than RELENG, but I suspect
I will simply try updating to a later STABLE tomorrow and see if that
helps.

> I'm using IPFW and ipnat, which I believe is somewhat unusual. Ipnat is there
> to 'fix' the source IP. Don't ask!

:-) once you start playing with NAT things can get odd quite fast I have found!

> Anyway; I just did a cleandir x2, rebuild and update to p6, and it's working
> again.
>
> Might be worth a try.

I'll try tomorrow, thanks,

-pete.