regular user can destroy disk label?!?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Sat Jul 7 22:36:45 UTC 2007

Robert Watson wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>
> > Thomas Hurst wrote:

> >> ataraid(4) exposes ATA RAID devices as ar%d:
> >>
> >>  -% man 4 ataraid |grep /dev
> >>       /dev/ar*  ATA RAID device nodes
> >
> > Thanks Thomas, that explains name then.
> >
> > It doesnt affect thoughts on permissions though, unless driver very strange.
>
> Something people occasional get surprised by is the fact that members of the
> operator group are given significant access to local disks, etc.  Could user
> account in question have been in the operator group?
>
> Robert N M Watson

Good guess;  No response seen though from questioner Harald S.,
(though my mail filter was in heavy change this week).
BTW Harald S., Ian Smith wrote add -d: 		cd /dev ; ls -l -d . ar0s2

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
 HTML mail unseen. Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.