System hang on laptop suspend/resume

Stephen Casner casner at packetdesign.com
Tue Jan 30 03:17:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:26:54 -0800 (PST)
> Stephen Casner <casner at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Do you know, though, whether there is any way in NEWCARD to power down
>> the PC Card / Cardbus slot?  I didn't see anything in the 6.2 release
>> note regarding changes in that area.
>
> Hmm, doesn't 'pccardc power ...' already do that? See 'man pccardc' for
> more info.

Yes, that is what I used to do on FreeBSD 4.8.  However, since
converting to 6.1, I get the following error:

oak> pccardc power 0 0
pccardc: /dev/card0: No such file or directory

In the mail archive, I saw that pccardc is not supported in NEWCARD,
but the binary and man page are still included in the 6.1 release.
I am awaiting the arrival of my 6.2 CDs, but as mentioned above, I
didn't see anything in the release note to suggest the result will be
different.  Hence my question if there was some other way!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, though.

                                                         -- Steve