Update on buildworld failing with NO_SHARED

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Mon Jan 29 20:13:55 UTC 2007

Michael Proto said Obscurity in the face of adversity is no dice
 and while we were trying to figure that out on
 Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 14:59  he continued with:
> Bill Vermillion wrote:
> > OK.

> > So I tried using the variable documented in
> > /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf of NO_DYNAMIC_ROOT.

> > I rebuilt the world and kernel [I did not remove the /usr/obj/src
> > directory this time - maybe that's it] - but all the files
> > in /bin and /sbin are still "dynamically linked (users shared libs,
> > stripped) when I run 'file' on them.

> > Is this strange, or is it just me.

> > Bill
>
> According to the make.conf(5) manpage and the examples/etc/make.conf
> file (at least on my 6.2 box), the knob is NO_DYNAMICROOT, not
> NO_DYNAMIC_ROOT.

I just checked and I see that.  I'd swear it was NO_DYNAMIC_ROOT
awhile back.

But I just checked on a 6.1 and the ..examples/etc/make.conf does
also show that I screwed up - as that was dated on Dec 17, while
the one on my 6.2 shows a date of today, about an hour ago, when I
installed it all.

I feel so

Thanks.

I'll try not to be so dense next time, but don't hold me to that.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com