rd.d/power_profile: dev.cpu.0.cx_supported doesn't exist

Lars Stokholm lars.stokholm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 18:26:09 UTC 2007

Lars Stokholm wrote:
> Roland Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 04:54:12PM +0100, Lars Stokholm wrote:
>>> Whoops. I'm using 1.7.2.2, but it's the same:
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/power_profile.diff?f=h&r1=text&tr1=1.7.2.1&r2=text&tr2=1.7.2.2
>>
>> Looks like this is related to the following CVS commit:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-January/073402.html
>> It looks like these changes are being MFC'd, but maybe your last
>> update hasn't
>> yet caught all the updated files. Check the files mentioned in the
>> above commit in RELENG_6. Maybe a renewed csup followed by a
>> world/kernel build will solve the problem.
>
> Judging from the files updated since the last time, I don't think so:

Damnit, I seem to be making one mistake after another, with no end to
it. I'm truely sorry for wasting your time. Let's step back to where I
started; dev.cpu.0.cx_supported *does* exist:

# sysctl dev.cpu.0.cx_supported
dev.cpu.0.cx_supported: C1/0

And here's the problem; this is what I get when I fire up FreeBSD:

Starting ums0 moused:.
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
sysctl: hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: Invalid argument
Mounting NFS file systems:.

Taking the power_profile into account, I guess it comes something
similar to:

# sysctl hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest=C1/0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
sysctl: hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: Invalid argument

So, finally, the question now is why I get the "invalid argument".